Saturday, May 12, 2018

Elvis Presley Pineapple Sheet Cake


I know now why Elvis is dead.
If this is his favorite cake, then I know he ate entirely too much sugar!  LOL, it is a delicious cake though, and very, very easy to make. 

I was very intrigued when I saw this recipe online, but I was expecting that an Elvis cake would be peanut butter, banana and bacon. I mean, I always heard that was his favorite sandwich?  Obviously Elvis needed the help of a good dietitian.

This is a great recipe to bring to a pot luck, it travels well and it is very moist and yummy.
My advice?  Don't eat cake like this every day...

Note- (This makes a LOT of frosting, you could halve the recipe...)



Serves a bunch
Ingredients

1 package (18.25 ounce) yellow cake mix- prepared per the box

1 can (8 ounce) crushed pineapple, with juice
1 2/3 cup white sugar

1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese
1⁄2 cup butter, softened
4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped

Prepare cake according to instructions on the package. Bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Allow to cool.
Combine pineapple and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Spoon over cooled cake.

In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add vanilla extract and pecans and mix well.
Spread cream cheese frosting over the cake.

Here's the cooled cake with the pineapple syrup poured over.


I used all of this frosting, but it was thick!  It would be just as good with half as much frosting.


No comments:

Post a Comment