Friday, December 29, 2017

St Germain Manhattan


Tis the season to be jolly, right?

I've been a little remiss lately and it has been a couple months since I last posted.  You know, sometimes has a way of getting in the way of things we like to do.  We all get busy, but always remember to do the things that give you joy.  LOL, that is blogging and making cocktails for friends and family too.  This is the perfect time of the year to do that.

Manhattan's are always yummy, but this one has a great "light" twist by using dry vermouth and St. Germain.  I highly recommend this one.  I intend to make some more of these, but I am going to have to head to the liquor store to pick up my single most favorite liqueur of all time, St. Germain.

Have a safe and fun New Year's. I wish you health, happiness and joy in 2018.



Makes 1 (but easy to double)
Ingredients

2 parts Bourbon
1 part St. Germain (elder flower liqueur)
1/2 part dry vermouth (or dry white wine works too)
2 dashes Angostura bitters

Garnish with maraschino cherry or orange twist and serve over ice, or straight up in a martini glass.  This is a strong drink... so I like the way the ice mellows it.




Need some regular food, drink or travel ideas?  "Like" my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment