Monday, September 25, 2017

White Bean & Roasted Pepper Dip


I read a darling blog post on Smitten Kitchen on how she and her "hubby to be" met, and it was over a dip!  Call me a hopeless romantic, but I LOVE a story like that. Plus, I will admit, I love roasted peppers, beans and lemons, so hence, that recipe kept running across my mind.  Since I am a somewhat lazy cook, I decided to "wing it" on the recipe for a recent last minute party I had at my house. Below is what I did, but if you want to compare, or read the darling post she wrote, here's the original posting that inspired me.


Great with pita chips, fresh pitas or even tortilla chips.



Makes about 1 1/2 cups

Ingredients

1 can of white beans (like white northern beans), drained

1/2 cup of roasted red peppers, drained
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 lemon juiced, about 2 Tbsp
4 oz cream cheese
Salt & Pepper

Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.  Chill until ready to serve.




Make it as smooth as you can...Chill until ready to use.  It keeps for about a week, but it shouldn't last that long.


No comments:

Post a Comment