Saturday, July 15, 2017

Pineapple Coconut Margarita


Summer is in full swing and there is nothing like a margarita on the deck to enjoy it to it's fullest. Here's a tasty little combination of pineapple, coconut rum and tequila.  Throw in some lime and a salted rim and you have yourself a delicious pineapple coconut margarita.

In this recipe I include some pineapple coconut water. Now, normally, I do not like coconut water, I think it tastes kind of icky, however mixed with tequila and coconut rum, it is quite yummy.  Hahaha, isn't that amazing how that works?  I realize that you may not have any of this ingredient around, and so therefore, I recommend that you use two jiggers of straight pineapple juice instead. 

Please often ask about the "jigger" that I refer to in my drinks...
A jigger is an hourglass-shaped measuring device used by bartenders to ensure that they pour accurate amounts of alcohol into every drink. Usually made of metal (and sometimes plastic), jiggers contain two different measuring amounts – one on either side of the hourglass. A jigger of alcohol refers to 1.5 ounces and 1 ounce on the other side. 


Makes 1 large margarita
Ingredients

1 jigger Coconut rum
1 jigger Tequila
1 jigger Pineapple juice
1 jigger coconut-pineapple water (or substitute another 1 jigger of pineapple juice)
1/2 jigger Triple sec
1/2 lime, juiced
10-12 ice cubes

Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth.  Serve in a salted rimmed glass with another wedge of lime.


Need some regular ideas?  "Like" my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment