Sunday, December 18, 2016

Chambord "Christmas" Margarita



Ho, ho, ho.
Christmas says Mexican food to me.
Actually anytime says Mexican food to me!  Hahaha.
This is a beautiful, festive drink that is tangy and tasty but not too sweet!  We had this with some simple tacos for dinner last night, but it would be a nice cocktail for a holiday get together too.




Serves 2 big margaritas (with refills)  Or, maybe 4 normal size margaritas...
Ingredients

6oz tequila
3oz fresh lime juice, plus some for garnish
2oz simple syrup
2oz chambord
2 oz cranberry juice
 
Sweet, Salty Lime margarita salt:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup salt
zest of 1 lime


Fill a blender with about 3 cups of ice.  Add tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, cranberry juice and Chambord and blend until smooth.  If needed for thicker margaritas, add more ice. Place salty and sweet lime margarita salt in a shallow dish then run a lime wedge around the rim of 2 cocktail glasses and dunk into lime sugar. Fill glasses with margaritas, garnish with a lime wheel, or wedge, and serve.













For the salty and sweet lime margarita salt: Add sugar, salt, and lime zest to a food processor or blender then process until smooth. You will have leftover margarita salt, but it will last a long time.  I must admit, I tossed a teaspoon into my salsa too.  



My view from my chair last night.  You can see I need to buy more Christmas china, haha.


Need some regular ideas?  "Like" my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment