Sunday, May 22, 2016

Hawaiian Dream Cocktail (or martini)


I was waiting to share this cocktail when the sun started shining again.
But then again, who needs a bright, dreamy cocktail more on a cloudy day?
Yes, you do.  You need a day to dream about soft sand beaches, swaying palm trees and the warm breezes of Hawaii.

I never even went to Hawaii until my early 30's, and at time, I'd been to about a dozen foreign countries but never thought I should spend my vacation dollars on something, so... ordinary.  My point was, I can go to Greece or Mexico so much cheaper than Hawaii, why not go exotic???
Until I went... then everything about the place made me smitten with it.  The people all smiley and speak your language, the lushness of the greenery, the mountains, the beaches, the palm trees, the air (even the air over there is amazing)  you know the currency and it's in your country.  Something to be proud of for sure.
Nowadays, we like to get there every year... God willing and all that.

I've written dozens of recipes and travel posts about Hawaii, many of them are consistently in my Top 10, every day. They include:

Mai Tai's for a crowd
Best Mai Tai on Kauai
Mama's Fish House- Maui
Hana Banana Macadamia Crisp
Mama's Tomato Ginger Soup
Pina Colada's for a crowd


Makes 1 
Ingredients

1 oz. creme de banana, or banana schnapps
1 oz. Malibu Coconut rum
1 oz golden rum
1-2 oz pineapple juice

Mix all together and pour over ice.  Find every kind of garnish that shouts Hawaii and serve at once.  Repeat as needed.

Optional, you can pour this over an ice filled shaker and strain into a martini glass too.  You decide 

Need some regular ideas?  "Like" my Facebook page

 

No comments:

Post a Comment