Saturday, January 30, 2016

Peanut Butter Blondies- Cooking Light


So I could think recipe in Cooking Light...but I had a hard time really believing it is "light".
Let's see...
- butter
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter cups

Nope.
Don't believe it.
However, these are very, very good and satisfying.  I did get lots of laughs at work when I mentioned they were "light" from Cooking Light magazine.
In full disclosure, I did add more Reese's peanut butter cups than the original recipe called for (6 instead of 4) and I did add 1/4 cup of peanut butter chips, as I had them on hand. 
Clearly I am responsible for these not being "light".


AS you can see, I did not take a picture of my ingredients.  The silly part?  I set up all the ingredients and even framed it with my camera, however I must not have hit the button as I have ZERO photos of the ingredients set up on my phone.  Clearly, I am the silly one.



Makes 16 2inch squares
Ingredients
   
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 Tbsp reduced-fat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used mini chips)
1/4 cup peanut butter chips (optional)
Cooking spray
6 (0.75-ounce) peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped (3 dbl packages, or 6 individual "snack" sizes)
 
Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine flour and next 3 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Combine peanut butter and next 4 ingredients (through eggs), stirring well. Add peanut butter mixture to flour mixture; stir until combined. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips.

Scrape the batter into a 9-inch square metal baking pan lightly coated with cooking spray, and arrange the peanut butter cups over batter. Bake at 350° for 20-23 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool in pan on a wire rack.  Best to let it cool completely before cutting.


The original recipe called for 4 individual pieces, or 2 packs. Ummm, I used 6 snack size individual ones.


Here it is ready to go to oven

1 comment: