Sunday, October 4, 2015

Roasted Almonds with Truffle Oil & Rosemary


We're kind of freaky for truffle oil are our house.
The funniest thing is that we use it most on popcorn!  I've been intending to blog at that eventually.

However, the truffle oil was on the counter as I was prepping to head out to a friends with an appetizer for a party.  As I just needed something else to bring, I thought about roasting some nuts with the truffle oil!  These were a big hit at the party so I thought I would blog about it.

I buy in the oil section in most better grocery stores but you can order it off of Amazon which is probably easier than searching through the store.  It's about $12, and lasts a long time as a little goes a long, long way.  

Here's another recipe to use truffle oil in:
Polenta with Truffle Oil & Arugula.

I also use a couple drops in salads with a light vinaigrette.


Makes 2 cups
Ingredients

2 cups raw almonds
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp truffle oil
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
Truffle Salt, sea salt or smoked salt

Preheat the oven to 375.
Mix well the almonds with oils and spread out on a sheet pan.
Add the rosemary and sprinkle with salt.

Roast for about 15 minutes, stirring every five minutes.  
Let cool, stir to redistribute and sprinkle with more salt.
I found they needed more salt than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment