Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Mexican Country Fried Potatoes


Had some family in for brunch the other day and served my Chile Relleno Rustica... and really needed a side dish.  
So I invented this.
Regular hash browns would have worked, but Mexican Country Fried Potatoes are more fun! I also served it with Chipotle Sour Cream, because we all like it HOT, HOT, HOT.

I actually cooked both dishes at once, in the same oven.  
Easy peasy.
That gave me time to whip up some Mango Bellini Cocktails, essentially a champagne mimosa with mango juice and apricot schnapps.  Yum... I will blog that one soon, because I know you need to know that one!


Serves about 4-5
Ingredients

6-7 red potatoes, cut into wedges
1/2 onions, chopped into big pieces
2-3 jalapeno, chopped into big pieces
1/2 red pepper, chopped into big pieces 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional if you don't want it spicy)
1/2 tsp garlic powder or chopped garlic
1 tsp salt 

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees

This is how I chop the jalapenos so I don't have to touch the seeds or membranes. Clever, huh?


Here's the veggies ready to go


Here's the mixture after tossing with the spices, oil and lime.



Roast at 425 for about 35-40 minutes, until the potatoes are done to your liking.  Give them a stir about half way through to get them a little browner.
I must admit, I like it a bit on the softer side.

No comments:

Post a Comment