Sunday, September 20, 2015

Gremolata- Condiment for Beef, Pork, Fish, Veggies or Bread!


Gremolata is Italian and Chimichurri is from Argentina.
Both pretty much the same- delicious.
No matter where this originated, obviously people all over the world can stand behind this.
The intent is the same, a flavorful, herb packed burst of yumminess.
I am addicted.  I love it more than I should. 

Today my Google spell check told me "yumminess" wasn't a word, but suggested "chrumminess"?  WHAT is up with that?
This is YUMMY, not chrummy. Geez.


Here's a couple of other ways to use gremolata, or chimichurri:
NOTE- I used my preserved lemons in the recipe in place of the fresh lemon juice and zest- incredible!.
 
Ingredients:
1 cup fresh parsley
1 cup fresh cilantro
½ bunch green onions, cut into 2" lengths
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest OR 1 Tbsp minced preserved lemons recipe here
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

In a food processor, add the parsley, cilantro, green onions and garlic.  Pulse until you have a small mince, but not so fine that it starts to become a paste.  

OR, you can hand chop it too, which is what I usually do.  A little chunkier, but just as nice.

Here's a picture of it on my Baked Feta with Chimichurri

No comments:

Post a Comment