Monday, July 13, 2015

Tzatziki Chicken Salad in Lettuce Cups


I always love Greek flavors.
Plus, I love Costco rotisserie chickens.  What an easy way to make a $5 dinner, or two.

This one came together in about 15 minutes as my significant other unloaded the car from a trip to Costco.  You unpack, I'll make dinner.  Seems like a good trade, huh?

This is a happy, healthy fresh thing to make for dinner that comes together super fast.
For a Monday, that's good enough for me.

Originally a Cooking Light recipe, find the original here. I made a couple changes... like topping mine with feta and tomatoes and serving them in lettuce cups (might be brilliant, just sayin'). I do think that it would be totally yummy with pita chips too, or even on regular ole' bread as a sandwich.


(I forgot to photograph the English cucumber)

Makes enough for 3-4 
Ingredients


2/3 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 English cucumber, diced small
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast 

Diced tomatoes
Crumbled feta cheese
Lettuce cups or pita chips
  

Dice or shred the chicken, add the small diced cucumber and minced red onion & garlic.  Add the dill (I used dried) and lots of salt and pepper.  Add yogurt and stir together.  Add the lemon juice and taste for flavor.  Let it sit for 15-20 minutes for the flavors to develop.

Spoon the salad onto small baby romaine leaves and top with diced tomatoes and crumbled feta.  A really nice, refreshing lunch or dinner.  Low fat, low carb, low calorie.  

Note- I used English cucumbers which you do not have to "seed".  If using the regular cucumber, take those out, or the mixtures may be a little too watery.

Here it is before I mixed it:


Here it is, all ready to go for dinner.  We ate half for dinner for the two of us, and the rest made a nice little lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment