Monday, April 27, 2015

Southwestern Zucchini Medley


A very quick and simple side dish inspired on a night when I was tired and hungry.  I had a bunch of veggies that I needed to use and wanted a way that was a little different.  Something to serve with something from the grill...

I've always been a big fan of ratatouille but that takes a lot longer and I didn't have any tomatoes or eggplant.  I love corn and I always have the roasted jarred red peppers from Trader Joe's on hand. Well, that settles that,  I'm making southwest ratatouille! 

This is great cold too,  I ate in on a green salad with some lime vinaigrette and a sprinkle of cheese for lunch the next day.   Very yummy. 

Serves about 4
ingredients

3-4 small zucchini,  diced (about 1 cup)
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/2 onion,  diced (about 1 cup)
1 jalapeño,  seeds removed and diced small
1 cup roasted red peppers,  jarred 
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
Salt and pepper

In a fry pan,  over medium high heat saute the diced onions in the olive oil until they soften. Add the jalapeñoa and zucchini,  stirring to cook very al dente, adding the thawed corn and the roasted peppers and cook until everything is hot,  but be careful to not over cook it.  Season with salt,  pepper and chili pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment