Saturday, March 14, 2015

Peppercorn Ranch Dressing



A very easy and basic recipe, whip it up before dinner if you want to jazz up your dinner.
I must admit, I don't make homemade ranch dressing without a mix (My homemade ranch mix recipe is here), so I was amazed at how easy and delicious this was.

I like anything with peppercorns in it. Yum.



Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Ingredients
3/4 cup sour cream 
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp powdered garlic
1/2 tsp powdered onion
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk 
Salt to taste, as needed

Mix everything together, adding salt at the end.  It tasted good without any added salt, but you may find you need some once it's paired with salad.  Dressing needs to be pretty flavorful to jazz up the lettuce.

I used my mortor and pestle to crush my peppercorns, but you could use a pepper grinder.
 

Here's everything before I mixed it.

 
 Here's what's left after dinner, I put it in the jar in the fridge.  I think it would be great on veggies, or even a burger and fries!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment