Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Kale, Garbonzo and Pecorino Salad


Words will never do justice to how much I love this salad.
I've done lots of kale salads before because I DO love kale, however, this one is paired with my favorite garbanzo beans, and lemon, and cheese!!!  
You just can't go wrong with that.

This salad is a great keeper too, I packaged up the leftovers for lunches the next day and it was just as fresh and flavorful then.  You could also add some cooked diced chicken for a nice entree too, if you were so inclined.

I will make this salad again and again.
I loved it.



Serves 4
Ingredients

4 cups fresh kale, chopped small
1 Can of Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed.
1/2 lemon, or 1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup pecorino, or parmesan, cheese- grated finely
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced small
1 garlic clove, minced
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
Fresh black pepper (check for salt, but you may not need any)

* Cherry tomatoes would be a good substitute for roasted peppers, if desired.

Chop up the kale into small bits.  Add the drained garbanzo beans, the juice of the lemon (or lime), the roasted diced peppers, minced garlic, grated cheese and olive oil.  Toss to combine.  Add pepper, and salt, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment