Friday, March 14, 2014

Guinness Chocolate Shake


Happy almost St Paddy's day to you.
How about a boozy chocolate shake?
I saw this last year on some restaurant's cocktail menu, and knew I needed to try it.
Chocolate, Guiness and Whiskey?  Why yes, I do think that sounds like a nice idea for some fun.

While dark stout and whiskey are not common additions to milk shakes, I think you will be very happy with this mixture.  The rich taste of the beer, lends itself nicely to chocolate. 
And the whiskey?
Yes, why it does lend itself nicely to lots of stuff.


I used about half the beer in my mixture, but if you wanted your mixture like a sippable cocktail martini, go ahead and add it all. You could serve these in beer glasses, or pour into a martini glass.  You choose, and may the luck of the Irish be with you.



(I guess my Guinness glasses are in the dishwasher...)

Makes two BIG shakes, or 4 small cocktails
Ingredients

1 bottle of Guinness (you'll use about half)
2 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey, other other brand
1 pint chocolate ice cream (or more, for a thicker shake)

Add ice cream to the blender, add beer and whiskey and blend until smooth.  Top with whip cream and chocolate syrup if you want to make it super fancy.

My trick?  Cut your ice cream container in quarters with a huge knife.  WAAaaay easier than scooping.


No comments:

Post a Comment