Saturday, January 18, 2014

My 10 Personal Favorite Posts from 2013


Blogging is weird.
You just can't tell what people are going to like.
Yeah, sure, some things are obvious like cookies and martinis.
But sometimes, something I just love, love, love, doesn't get the attention it deserves.

These are MY favorite things I made in 2013, not necessarily popular posts, just the ones that I like the most and I will make again and again. 
Sure, this list is to give you another chance to see them, and like them too, but frankly, this is a list for me to remember my favorites.

Above, is a favorite from a trip to Rome this Spring,
Cacio e Pepe, Cheese & Pepper Pasta, a simple 4 ingredient dish.  I made this dish 3 times in 2 weeks, and still wanted more.

In a nutshell, my Top 10 break out in the following:
1 appetizer
2 soups
2 burgers! 
1 pasta
1 side dish
1 entree
1 cookie
1 martini

In no particular order, they are:



Thai Turkey Burger
Inspired after a trip to Thailand.  So delicious, and good for you too.



Chicken with Apricots and Olives
Salty, tangy, sweet and spicy.  Just about everything I like.


 Clementine Cranberry Martini
This should be a year round martini, not just for the holidays.  Just make up a new name... Cupid's Arrow, Bunny Hop Hop Hop, Skyrockets in Flight.... stop me, I could go on & on.



Zuppa Toscana
I like this very spicy, but you can do what you like. Use Kale or spinach, but give it some green.


Scottish Shortbread
It took me decades to find a shortbread recipe that passed my spoiled Scottish standards.


French Green Lentils with Tomatoes and Onions
Ugly food for sure, but very delicious and easy to make.  Can I mention "good for you" too?



Creamy Artichoke Soup
This one took about 10 minutes, and was a light, tangy and delicious.


Chilled Prawns with Cilantro Sauce
I can't get enough cilantro, and this sauce can be used for SO MANY things.




Chipotle Corn Turkey Burgers
A terrible picture, but a delicious flavorful burger

No comments:

Post a Comment