Friday, December 27, 2013

Top 10 Most Popular Posts in 2013

It's been a good year...
I hit 100,000 visitors on my blog in June, plus almost to 160,000 by December.
It's amazing how it grows, even with fewer blog updates every year.
I also got my first check of $100.00 in Google AdSense payment for my three years as a blogger.
Obviously, I am in this for the fun of sharing, but please feel free to click on the ads that appear on my postings.  I think I might hit $10.00 this month.... LOL.

I always get kind of nostalgic when I look at what was popular. 
It's not my Top 10, but the 10 that got the most traffic. 
Some of them are kind of strange, really.

In summary:
2 Martinis (plus an honorable mention)
1 appetizer
1 soup
1 side dish
1 entree 
1 breakfast item
1 Vegetarian Entree
1 candy
1 Gift Item

The Works Baked Potato Casserole 
I had so few side dishes on my blog, I really had to try to think of things I would want to serve.
Yep, this is one of them.



Dirty Girl Scout Martini 
It bothers some people that this one is called a "dirty girl scout"...
I am sorry about that.
How about a "Thin Mint Martini"?
Nope, I know it...
...it just doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

 

Mullagatawny Soup
I never even expected people to recognize this soup name, let alone make it so popular for the year. 

Super, duper simple to make too.



Homemade Raspberry Vinegar 
I felt embarrassed for posting this one... who knew it would be so popular?
It's fun to make easy peasy gifts.



Mai Tai's for a crowd 
If you buy a large enough beverage server, you better learn to make this classic cocktail in BIG batches.  A guest at a friend's party even told me, "these are so great, I didn't even know you could make them without a mix!".
Hmmmm....
Maybe I made that first batch too strong. LOL



7 min Microwave Caramels 
Make friends the easy way...



Make Ahead Egg Muffins 
Such a simple thing that can make your life easier!
Make them on Saturday, or Sunday, eat some that day, and eat for quick weekday breakfast, or take the leftovers in your lunch



Buffalo Ground Turkey Meatballs 
The most popular posting of the year... go figure.  However, I would be happy to make, and eat these any day of the year.



Lazy Girl 40 Garlic Cloves Chicken 
I really didn't expect these to be so delicious.  Very yummy and flavorful, and not over powering with garlic either!



Quinoa, Spinach, Feta Stuffed Bell Peppers 
 Easy, and good for you.  I'm a fan of quinoa, feta and spinach too!



2013 Top 10 Martinis 
Who knew that my June Top 10 Martini posting would be so popular?
I really need to get started on my next Top 10 Martini post, don't you agree?
I better do some research... Guinea Pigs anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment