Friday, October 25, 2013

Thai Turkey Burger


Still thinking fondly of my trip to Thailand and all the amazing flavors there.
I actually dreamed this up one night lying in bed trying to sleep.
I had many of the fresh ingredients on hand from something else I made and wanted more of those flavors in my mouth...  fresh cilantro, basil, chilies and lime.
I had ground turkey... so what about a Thai burger??? 

It was so good, that I actually thought of keeping this one to myself and submitting it to someone "Build a Burger" contest and winning a prize...  
Ah heck, why wait to share?  
I want you to be as happy as we were.
We are going to make this one again, and again... and again.


Makes 4 - 5 oz burgers
Ingredients

20 oz ground turkey (7% fat is best)
1 lime, zested
1 Tbsp garlic chili paste
3 Tbsp green onions, minced
3 Tbsp cilantro, minced
2 Tbsp basil, minced
1 tsp salt

Slaw Dressing:
2 limes, juiced
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp garlic chili paste
2 Tbsp peanut butter

2 cups cabbage, shredded
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 cup mung beans
3 Tbsp green onions 
2-3 chilies, like bird's eye, or jalapeno (optional)
3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp basil, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste


 
Mix the ground turkey with all the spices and herbs.  Mix well.  Shape into balls, then pat into patties. Grease your grill (or spray your patties with a bit of oil) and grill over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until they are to your liking.

Serve on toasted buns with plenty of slaw, and a little mayo, if desired.  



In the bottom of a large bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together with a whisk.  Add the fresh veggies and herbs.  Toss about 10 minutes before you serve it.


Toss!


No comments:

Post a Comment