Sunday, August 11, 2013

Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti


I had to go to a work demonstration of an espresso maker.... I know, I know, hard work, huh?
Anyway, since I knew we would be sip, sip, sipping lots of coffee, I figured we needed something to go with it.  Seems like biscotti was in order.

I did a couple searches for some recipes, as I was looking for pistachio and dried cherry biscotti.  I didn't find any, but found another from Martha.  Gotta say, her recipes rarely disappoint me, and this one is no exception.  

About those cherries, I mentioned to a couple people that I had wanted to add dried cherries... and everyone slowly shook their head and said no.  Apparently adding fruit and nuts to the cookies made it too close to fruitcake or something.

Thank you Martha

Makes about 60 cookies
Ingredients
6 Tbsp butter, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for baking sheet
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used mini chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl if necessary. Add flour mixture, and stir to form a stiff dough. Stir in pistachios and chocolate chips.




Transfer dough to a buttered baking sheet; form into a slightly flattened log, about 12 by 4 inches (I did two small ones). Bake until slightly firm, about 25 minutes. Cool about 5 minutes. Reduce oven to 300 degrees.




On a cutting board, using a sharp serrated knife, cut biscotti diagonally into 1-inch-thick slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet, and bake until crisp but still slightly soft in the center, about 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment