Saturday, May 25, 2013

Memorial Day Cooking Ideas

Guess what?
I am NOT cooking this weekend.
But if I was sticking around and not off doing some other stuff (more to come on that...) then these are the things I would WANT to make (and eat). 

Maybe you just need some inspiration...
I feel personally responsible and don't want you to arrive at that party with a tub of store bought potato salad or a bag of chips.
I mean, it IS Memorial Day, ya know.

I'm not sure about you, but I probably don't do enough due diligence to respect the holiday.  OK... that settles it, I'm going to to find a cemetery and celebrate someone. 
Call us wacky... but I have to tell you, my whole family isn't much into the going out to the graveside thing.  I prefer to honor those that went before me by celebrating life in general and thanking anyone who I know served. It's not hard, just do it.
What are you going to do to honor those who gave this weekend?

 

My favorite salads for Summer picnic or BBQ:
Couscous Black Bean Salad
Grilled Greek Potato Salad
Greek Panzanella Bread Salad
Quinoa, Cauliflower and Feta Salad
Quinoa with Roasted Corn and Green Beans
Southwestern Edamame Salad
Spicy Coleslaw
Tabouleh




Only feel like grilling? These will make almost anything you grill taste great!
Aioli- Sauce Variations & Ideas to Improve Almost Anything!
Steak Compound Butter
Salad Dressing, Versatile/adaptable recipe



Just want some good meat recipes? 
Chipotle Cocoa Pork Tenderloin
Cuban Glazed Pork Tenderloin and Grilled Fruit Salsa
Ranchero Shredded Pork
Simple BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich or Sliders
Greek Chicken Souvlaki and Tzatziki Sauce
Peppered Chicken Kebabs wrapped in Bacon
Three Citrus Tequila Grilled Chicken
Beef Kebabs with Chimichurri Sauce



Want Burgers? 
(Geez, I need to get moving on some new recipes for burgers, I have a bunch in "idea" mode!)
Tandoori Turkey Burger
Lamb Burger with Goat Cheese and Onion Jam



My Favorite Drinks to celebrate that SUMMER is almost here:
Hot, Skip and Run/Jump Naked Cocktail

Coconut Water Martini
Pina Colada Martini
Pineapple Jalapeno Martini Margarita

You are going to have to wait for Labor Day with this one, unless you have some berries in the freezer!
Blackberry Raindrop Martini



WHAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment