Friday, April 26, 2013

Mumbai Martini


I have this little habit.  
I shoot pictures of drink menus while in restaurants and bars.
I usually order a glass of wine, or maybe a beer, but rarely a martini or mixed drink while I am out.
It's kind of chancy, ya know?
But my curiosity is often piqued by the interesting ingredients, or names, like Mumbai Martini.
I want to try it, I just don't want to order it.
So, I take a picture of the menu for later reference
It very helpfully includes a general list of ingredients.
It's not really to hard to guess at the ratios. 
Funny how the drink tastes good even if you didn't get it exactly right, huh?

I've made this one twice, for different groups, and both groups loved it.
Sweet, spicy and tangy and refreshing too.
If you don't like spicy, you could leave out the hot sauce, or just add a little bit.



Serves 1-2
Ingredients

2 jiggers citrus rum, or vodka (I tried it with both rum and vodka, it's up to you)
1/2 jigger triple sec
2 jiggers grapefruit juice (pink or white, I've tried both, pink is prettier though...)
Juice of 1 lime (plus some more slices for garnish, if desired)
1 tsp hot sauce, like Tabasco or Sriracha
1/2 tsp curry

Additional curry powder and salt for the rimmed glass.

Add the curry powder and some salt (I used fresh ground sea salt) into a small plate.  Rub some water, or a little lime juice around the rim, and dip carefully into the curry mixture. Set aside while you mix the martini.

Mix all the ingredients in an ice filled shaker.  Shake well. Pour into glass, garnish and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment