Friday, April 20, 2012

What The Pho Martini


Thank God it's Friday! That's all I'm saying!  How was your week?

This martini isn't for sissies, ok?  
Don't complain because this isn't my normal girlie martini recipe.  
Savory, spicy and intense... like my week, and probably many, many other people that give it their all every working day. To you, I salute you.

You like the flavors in pho, or any spicy food? Then you will like this!

I also bought a muddler today on the way home... it was just enough to inspire me to go home and smash up some stuff for a martini.  If you don't know what a muddler, keep reading. I bought mine at World Market for $4.99, and it made me happy.  When is that last time $4.99 made you happy

Well, have a "what the pho" martini and I am sure you will join me in that happy place.


Makes 2 martinis
Ingredients
 
4 jiggers vodka
2-3 springs basil, any kind, but Taiwanese is traditional in Pho
2-3 springs cilantro
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Sriracha garlic hot sauce
2-3 jalapeno slices
1/2 Lime, juiced
2 jiggers of sparkling water, or seltzer (if desired)

In a martini shaker, smash up the basil, cilantro, jalapeno slices and line juice until the jalapeno is mostly smashed.  Add the sriracha, soy sauce, vodka and lots of crushed ice. Shake, shake, shake.  Strain into glasses and top with some seltzer.  Garnish with a slice of lime and jalapeno. 

Here's my new muddler.  If you can't get one, you can successfully use the end of a thick wooden spoon!

 

Too much for you?  Here's some other very popular martinis from my blog:
 
Blackberry Raindrop Martini


Burning Ring of Fire Martini
Coconut Water Martini
Honey Badger Martini

No comments:

Post a Comment