Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lime Tilapia


Recipe snobs might say this isn't really a recipe, it's really more like a "technique"... but HEY, it's a technique that I hadn't come across, and we loved it, so I wanted to pass it on. 

It was simple to put together, with great flavors and intensity on such a nice mild fish like talapia, but any fish would work.  The zest of a whole lime per piece of fish might seem like too much, but the cooking mellows it. I even used frozen fish..... nope, I didn't even thaw it, I use put the ingredients on the mostly frozen tilapia loins and threw it on the grill. So fast, easy and good for you too.

This recipe came from a Paula Deen show that she did with her son.  I looked up the recipe and I read the reviews online and saw the overall "5" stars. Some of the recipe reviewers didn't like that they had to use a cast iron pan in the oven (which I think would work well, as long as you pre-heated the pan). Since it's Summer here, and I don't really feel like washing my cast iron pan, so I decided to do it on the grill.  No dishes.... yeah, I love that!!!



Serves 4
Ingredients
4 Tilapia loins
salt and pepper
Old Bay seasoning, or other seasoning salt
4 limes, zested and then juiced
1 Tbsp butter, per fish serving 

Make a foil pan, spray with a little oil, add fish fillets, pour lime juice over each one.  Season each with salt, Pepper and Old Bay, or other seasoning salt. Top with lime zest (use LOTS) and a tablespoon of butter.



Bake on foil pans on the grill for 8-10 minutes or
Bake in a hot oven, about 400 degrees, 8-10 minutes on cast iron griddle.


There is so many things you can do with Tilapia! Here's some of my favorites:
Crispy Lemon Tilapia
Easy Catalan Fish Stew with Roasted Pepper Paprika Aioli
Simple Fish Tacos with Spicy Coleslaw
Tilapia Provencal


No comments:

Post a Comment