Friday, July 29, 2011

Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita Martini


I have had this recipe in 'draft' mode longer than any other recipe... I guess I needed to do more research to make sure it was worthy. Hahaha, if you believe that... I like you.

If you don't like spicy, then you probably won't like this drink.  It is hot, I won't deny it.  I am sitting here with burning lips as I write this, having just finished my final test project.  Don't you just loving test projects???

I first had this at a great cocktail lounge in Portland called Mint with some friends that I hadn't seen in 20 years.  A couple of these and all your long lost friends will instantly be bosom buddies again.... for the record, they would have become bosom buddies even if I only had a cup of coffee. These friends are wonderful and little did I know that Todd is about the best mixologist ever... he even makes his own triple sec!  His bar, Elixirs, is legendary, but don't look for it on Google... it's in his house- invitation only.

Love to reconnect with friends and enjoy time together.

Make some time this weekend for some fun together.
 




Makes 2-3 martinis
Ingredients:
3 slices jalapenos (remove seeds unless you want it super hot)
1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
2 jigger tequila, or vodka
2 jigger pineapple juice
2 jigger lime simple syrup, or sweet sour mix
1/2 lime, juiced
Zest of one lime
Chunky salt, like Maldon

Dip the rims of the glass in water, then in salt and lime zest. (I didn't do that in my picture, I retain salt like crazy!)

Muddle jalapeno slices and cilantro with the lime syrup and about 1 cup of crushed ice.  Muddle just means to smash all the ingredients together with the ice, getting the flavors to meld together.  You don't need a special instrument, I used the handle of a wooden spoon.


Add vodka (or tequila) and pineapple juice. Shake and pour in glass .

Enjoy.

Repeat.

Lime simple syrup
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1-2 limes, sliced

Boil the syrup until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture starts to get a bit thicker.  Strain out the lime pieces and discard.  Bottle the syrup and keep in the fridge until you want to perk up almost anything...

Cranberry juice, vodka and lime simple syrup... is .... yummy.

2 comments:

  1. I love mixing spicy with sweet, and I can handle the heat- these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taste Great! excellent use of left over fresh pineapple with Pineapple-jalapeno-cilantro simple syrup, then pickled jalapeno and tequila muddled with ice. Awesome spring afternoon beverage....

    ReplyDelete