Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spicy Fried Garbonzos


These are, well... addicting!  Think of yourself, sitting in the sun, enjoying a glass of wine, having great conversation with someone you love, nibbling on something that tastes good and is good for you.  Nice!  Count me in...

These are ridiculously easy to make, and I bet you usually have the ingredients on hand too. Probably the hardest part of these is actually eating them politely, think of how you eat popcorn in the dark at the movies, that is exactly how you are going to want to eat these!  I don't actually recommend that, because, well... you might get spots of spice and olive oil on your shirt from the ones that get away as you toss these towards your mouth  Don't ask me how I know, maybe I saw my husband do it, maybe it wasn't me at all!!!



Serves about 4-6 polite people...

Ingredients
1 can garbonzo beans, drained
2-3 Tbsp flour
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
Fresh ground Pepper

Rinse and dry chickpease on paper towel.


Be sure to dry completely. In a ziploc bag, add all the flour and the seasoning in the bottom. Mix well and then throw the DRY garbonzos in it.  Shake, shake, shake and get them all covered.

Heat oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat. Carefully add chickpeas to skillet, in batches, cooking for a few minutes before gently tossing them around in pan. Cook chickpeas until they look crisp and lightly browned. Remove from pan and serve warm.

OR "the oven method",
I think this method is slightly less ideal, as they don't get as crisp, but it is easier to make and they still taste super good!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees, dry the garbonzos and still shake in the bag, but instead, coat a baking sheet with your olive oil and toss them gently back to roll them around in the olive.  Bake about 10-12 minutes, shaking them occasionally to keep them getting uniformly cooked and browned.

Add more salt if necessary!  Serve

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome! I love garbanzos so I am going to have to try it out sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete